Sunday, August 2, 2009

updates!

Heyo people, know that my frequency of blogging has decreased drastically since the time I was back. Everytime I look at the date recently, I cannot help but lament on how soon I need to go back. :( My internship will end this coming Tuesday, which frankly I am looking forward to its end. It is not so much of me not enjoying myself there, but I see the need to catch up with as many peopl as possible before I fly again. Internship takes away a good half of my day, which happens to be the precious part of the day which is good for me to meet people and do crazy things. =P

Just to share abit more about my internship. It is a period of my life which I experienced alot of my first-times. I learnt how to write in a civil service language; got so close to catching H1N1 and to miss the climax of my internship, which is APEC; made many new friends when 8 interns were cramped into one room-the companionship is awesome(!); impressed by my fellow interns who are all so mature for their ages, etc etc.

Pardon me if i sound like a kid here. :) I am really happy today! It's been 3 weeks since I last went to church, due to 2 University fairs I was involved the previous 2 weeks. First, we had a celebration party; followed by an awesome "Girls' sharing" with my church friends. And lastly, we are going to have a family dinner, aside from a sumptuous feast whipped out by my mum, two of my brothers' girlfriends are coming too!! YAY!!! =) Haha, felt that I was quite kiddish, easily "coaxed" by companionship. I suppose that's me, I do not need a ton of money, just spend time talking to me and I will be happy! :)

Nothing new, it would be painful to leave Singapore again this time round. Maybe it's even more painful this time as there are more strings attached now, especially after the internship. Coming back this summer has also given more opportunities to have deeper sharings with my family and friends. It is certainly something I would miss greatly when I leave. Such tearing aparts would not end for the next few years, and they are certainly taking a toil on me. I remember I was sad to leave my school in May because I would miss the company and life I have there. And now that I'm here, I would be sad to leave as well. Knowing and making good friends wherever I go seem to be a good thing at first thought, but the downside could well possibly make me more emotionally attached to a place. Nonetheless, I do not regret knowing them, of course. I could only lament on how little time I have for everyone. Now that I only have about 2 weeks left, I need to plan my time such that I get to meet everyone at least once before I leave. :(

No comments: