Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where is the compass pointing to?

2am- Time to emo a little...

I was lazing around on Facebook, and somehow it makes me lament upon the things I've missed out whilst being away on a far, far away land- Cornfields in Illinois.

I saw how people grew closer as a group, grew exponentially spiritually, grew stronger as an individual, etc etc. What about me? Further and further away it seems I am away from these communities I once belong, or rather still belong but have been out of sight and touch. I have been pursuing things that I deem beneficial for my personal development, primarily focussed on career, knowledge and character. As a result, I might be away from Singapore for another 6 years or more. Would I be an alien when I finally settle down in Singapore? Having to build everything, even relationships from scratch seems a little terrifying. When will the notion of "Do this because I'm supposed to" end? Maybe it's just good for me to be back in my homeland. But we all know what the ultimate decision would be anyway.

No comments: