I attended a 3day first aid course this week and I’m a TRAINED first-aider now! =) It’s something I’ve wanted to learn since secondary school, but didn’t get a good chance for it, so I’m really satisfied and glad that I’ve fulfilled this goal of mine, especially it’s very rare for me to hang on to one for so long. Most of the time, my interest will die off soon if I don’t carry out the plan or activity in about a month’s time. I want. I suppose it’s because I can’t bear the sight of seeing someone dying/injured, and myself being unable to do anything. If spending 3days of my time can make a difference, especially between a life and death one, I think it’s absolutely worth it! =)
During the course, I got to know more people from all walks of life, from students to parents to professionals. I was impressed with those wives who came for the sake of their husbands and children. It’s the extra mile they are willing to go to protect their loved ones. How noble of them! =) I was also encouraged by their willingness to learn, when they could have easily lead a “tai tai” life.
Now, let me move on to a more reflective topic. On Monday night, I had a short session with a group of adults from my uni’s alumni. Generally, it was a very insightful and fruitful session that I’ve made some changes to my life plan. I was impressed with the very broad perspectives they hold as well as the valuable advice they gave. They made me realize that I need to keep pushing my boundaries, and don’t let myself be restricted to Singapore or what I know only. That’s why I need to continue to learn and keep myself updated with the changes and upcoming fields in the world. I’ve decided to take up their advice on taking my MBA after a few years of working experience, as this will make me appreciate what I learn better. So, below is my new life plan.
2008-2011 (3yrs): Graduate with Industrial Engineering, and if possible, a double degree with Business Ad.
2011- (2013?): Work in an aviation/aerospace firm, ideally, Boeing, Rolls Royce or Lockheed Martin.
(2013- 2014/5): MBA, probably after 1 or 2yrs of work. Will see how things go then.
2014/5 onwards: Continue in same/ different firm. Hopefully, I can be based here for the Singapore Aerospace Hub that should be more or less ready. Hee, time to settle down after a few more years! =P
So, this is the ideal plan for the next few years. Of course, it’ll be changed accordingly as I grow older. Ok, shall blog so much for now. Need some time to think through more things. Ciao =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment