There seems to be so much to write about that I'm not sure where to start from.. Think I'll start with today, since it's the freshest in my mind.
In the late morning, I went back to my room after breakfast, closed my door and listened to a new CD by my favourite new-age composer, while I read a book that I've just borrowed.
Just as I was lazing on my bed, I heard my mum sreaming frantically for me, that my maid has fainted.
Thankful point no.1: The CD ended and tired from reading, I lazed on my bed. Had I been engrossed in both the music and the book, I would not have heard her, especially with my door closed.
When I went down, I saw the situation and told my mum that we need to send my maid to the hospital, as she was having breathing difficulties and chest pains. My worst thought was a heart attack. Anw, there's a little conflict between my mum and I then-ya, very unexpected right.. Perhaps it was my very cold look,and my quick and decisive reaction, " Let's go, we need to send her to the hospital." Maybe I’m supposed to be just as panicky and be lost in what to do. :S Ironically, the book that I just read was about the differences on how men and women are hard-wired. As stated, women tend to be more emotional- a well-known fact. Maybe I should be more worried about my composed reaction.. :P Anyway, I shall elaborate not elaborate too much on the conflict. =)
Thankful point no. 2: I’ve just completed my first aid course, and unexpectedly, I can apply what I’ve learnt so soon! At least I know it’s a situation that requires medical help right away, and the position to let her breathe better. Actually, I’ve also went through mentally the steps of CPR if I really need to do it. Thankfully, the condition didn’t worsen to the state which CPR is required.
Thankful point no. 3: The hospital is not very far from my house, about 15min drive, despite the wet weather and a rather heavy traffic.
I would say I had a horrible experience at the hospital. It made me wonder if the staffs are there to save living or dead people!
Key point: I was at the EMERGENCY department.
Fact: A doctor attended to my maid only 2HOURS++ upon admission!! =O
Straight after we reached the A&E department, I was initially glad that a nurse offered a wheelchair and directed me to the place to go. Perhaps seeing that my maid was a more serious case, another nurse brought her straight into the room and transferred her to a bed to monitor her blood pressure, etc. After I’m done with the registration, I went into the big room to find my maid. Before I found her, 2 supposed nurses, most probably trainees, looking at the screen that showed the blood pressure and other details. (As in I saw them but couldn’t see my maid as she was lying down.) When I finally found her, I looked at the screen and spent about a minute figuring out all the details. When I’m done, the 2 guys were still staring at the machine, not doing anything or rather not knowing what to do!! And there was my maid breathing with difficulty and suffering from chest pains- helpless! I looked straight into their eyes and expected them to do something. Perhaps I’ve scared them that they asked me to wait outside.
After waiting like an idiot an hour, I asked a nurse if my maid was fine. She said I actually can go in. -_-’ So the guys gave the wrong information. Never mind, it’s ok. But to my horror, the doctor has not attended to her yet!! She said she was busy with other patients, so not her turn yet. *Shakes head, almost fainted* Luckily, my maid’s breathing is normal now.
Getting very bored already, I went out to look for my mum, and had lunch with her and a pastor. We had about ONE hour lunch. I went back and my maid was NOT done yet! *Puking blood soon* Anyway, I went in together with my maid as I wanted to know the medical review. Doctor’s verdict: Gastric pain, in fact, he was not clear in what exactly happened. He didn’t answer my question on causes of her chest pains, breathing difficulties, etc.
Prescription: Medicine for gastric, for giddy, and the best part- Paracetamol(500mg)
Yes, I’m not a doctor, but from my observations on the situation and the readings on the machine, my maid has high blood pressure at the very least. So, why is there no prescription of drugs for that or at the very least, voice out so that we can monitor her diet and lifestyle??!! I seriously don’t understand a lot of things going on there!
Perhaps I should apologize for the questions I posed to the nurses and doctors, and for being such a difficult “patient” to deal with. :S
Thankful point no. 4: Not a very serious case, if not, given such a delayed medical attention, I’m prepared for the worst.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment