Friday, September 5, 2008

randomness..

Hello pple, i'm back! Pls appreciate the fact that i didn't go for a party so that i can be here to catch up with all of u! :)haha!!

Life is still pretty much the same, just that feeling a little less stressful as I've finally gotten all my books and have my timetable settled! A slight improvement for friday's schedule, managed to shift the last block to another day, but still ZERO breaks from 8am to 3pm. But survived pretty well on biscuits and granola bars today. But i wld have to say that there's a sense of satisfaction after every friday's lesson, knowing that i've maximised my time to the MAX! And today, still have the energy to go for a run and played frisbee for awhile. Afterwhich, it's not unexpected that I'm quite drained of energy!

Surprisingly, I've not attended ANY of the fun things this week. E.g. skydiving, underwater hockey, water skiing, etc etc. I rationalised that there's no point chionging as if there's no tmr. Since i'll be here for 3yrs, i'm sure there'll be another chance. So no point pushing and stressing myself further by adding more activities to my already packed schedule.

FIRST TIME in my life, in my FIRST T-W-O wks of school, do i
1. have to sacrifice some sleep for the sake of homework
2. feel soo stressed over the tonnes of admin stuff and studies
3. experienced such fast-paced lesson going on
4. not play super hard in school(ok, ex. for my 1st few days here)
.
.
the list goes on..

Yes, i agree that it's a transition period and that everything will iron out smoothly soon.
But i kinda don't agree that uni here is more slack. ok, true, i dunno what's going on in Singapore uni, but i feel that the pace here is real fast.

But i also agree that i think i brought this stress upon myself. I know i can't screw up on my studies here. Whenever i think of the freaking amt of money invested on me here, it hit me real hard that i can't give up. If i screw up my studies, i screw up my dad indirectly. So, NO WAY this can happen! But pls don't misunderstand, i'm stressed now not because of this, but that there's an overwhelming number of things to settle.

Then again, my friend made a passing comment that made me think real hard abt it. She said that luckily I don't have a GPA to meet, so i can afford to slack abit more and explore the different places, if not what's the point of coming? Might as well mug in Singapore. SMACK! I need time to think through this. Really. Not that i intend to mug only(er, i also don't think i have such a stamina, given that i'm labelled as "hyperactive"). Not that I intend to explore so much that I hack about my studies. I want to strike a balance. BUT where to draw the line? I seriously need time to think through, real hard, real serious.
*Shall review this topic again next time*

Oh my, there's just tonnes of things I want to tell all of you! But i can't type everything out, facing this non-responding machine. I want to talk like nobody's business again! Maybe i'll become quiet person when i go back next yr. haha!! opps, maybe some of you will be jumping for joy-yeah! Clar is finally quiet, we got PEACE finally! -.-'' heex.. this is my ultimate weapon called "self-shooting" :P

ohoh, someone brightened up my day totally on wed!! :) shall leave you all in suspense! :P

to pple who have blogs, sorry, didn't have time to read this wk. I'll try to catch up! =) Take care, pple! Miss you pple, really loads! =)

No comments: