Sunday, August 31, 2008

thinking post

I'm sooo stressed that typing posts while listening to emo songs seems to be a getaway for me. I've wanted to blog on the major events that happened in my last 2 wks in Singapore. But I was soo busy then that I didn't manage to do it. And now, I'm too overwhelmed by the all the things I have to settle here such that I can't update as well. I'll try to do it by parts, on top of the updates abt me over here.

I've changed my psychology class to a philosophy class- introduction to ethics. Haha, didn't expect myself to do it at all, but got into it somehow. I suppose it's in relation to an issue I've been thinking abt a wk before I left.

Why do some people live with very good moral values?

Firstly, "very good" is very subjective and it's in my point of view that I think through this question. I was inspired by a person whom I had a meal with one day. If you are a religious person(any religion), then it could be due to those teachings that you were taught.

But what about people who are free-thinker? Where exactly do they learn all these from? Perhaps we can pinpoint to social norms or "moral education" in school. But could these factors be so powerful that they nurture a person with "very good moral values"? To be frank, what I learnt in school are not very significant ones that wow me. E.g. Do not litter, help people around you, etc.

It actually sparked off the idea of human nature. Is there a good and a bad seed in each individual naturally? Why do some people can righteously choose not to do the not very correct things, even it' at the expanse of perhaps lower income or slower promotion?

I've got no conclusion now, maybe there isn't suppose to have one. I don't know. Hopefully my course can enlighten me about it.

Haha, i've attended one lecture, and it twisted my brain to and fro to the max! Pray that I'll come out sane after one semester after this course!

heex.. maybe it'll be more interesting to give you all an example. Here goes:
1. If Jason is a fish, it can fly.
2. Jason is a fish.
3. Therefore, Jason can fly.

Nod your head if you think it's LOGICAL. Shake your head if you think it's not.
MY (i.e. CWZT's)conclusion: It's LOGICAL, but not SOUND. (it can seriously differ from yours.)
Why?
- Not all fishes fly, so 1st statement is not sound.
- Jason can be a boy, dog, etc. -we can't prove for sure that Jason is a fish.

haha, okok, that's all for now. I see stars above your head now! :P

*End of fantasy world, back to reality. To be continued...*

No comments: