Plan A: Do a direct Masters program in Industrial Engineering in either 3.5 or 4 years.
What this means:
- Free education for my 3rd and 4th year here.
- Be a teaching assistant and get paid as well.
- Not studying for the Masters I want, though IE is still fine.
- More time to explore more of this school's resources- there's a ton of them!
- Financial status: Most likely a surplus for the last 2 years.
Plan B: Do Masters in the field I want, in an Ivy League school.
What this means:
- Still get Masters within 4 years.
- Experience a new culture in a new environment.
- Get to study what I want, i.e. Engineering Management. Something along that line.
- A qualification of higher recognition. This is important as firms would look at your Masters and not really your undergrad qualification. This Masters follows your FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
- Financial status: Definitely a deficit.
Possible solution 1: Get a postgraduate scholarship and serve my bond thereafter.
Implication: Delayed entry into RR, possibly giving up the chance of going overseas for 2years training.
Possible solution 2: Hopefully can get a bondless scholarhip. Really tough one.
Plan C: This is not within my control. I will only know when I'm back in Singapore next this summer. Shall reveal it only when it can be done.
Plan D: I really hope I won't be in this situation. So not worth mentioning.
Looks like the problems I have faced last year will continue to haunt me until I finish my mugging life. I'm thrown back the same issues, same thinking process, same decisions to make, etc. How I hope it'll come to an end now. I'm confused, again. I fear for the decisions I make as the implications do not affect me only. It affects my family. Half a year is what I have left. I need to decide. I need tonnes of advice. Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment