Recently, I don't know why, but I feel like writing out my thoughts here. Afterall, it's my personal space, my blog. Several issues are going through my mind, yes again, and I took some time off to think about them.
One of the issues I faced was trying to juggle between my different groups of friends. It was sparked off by a small incident, which my friends were obviously joking, but nonetheless, it got me thinking. On Tuesday, I was meeting my cell group leader for lunch, and it so happened that my group of Singapore friends were having lunch at the same place. While my friend and I were looking for a place to sit, my other friends waved for us to go over. But I know my friend and I would want to have personal time together. So I chose not to sit with them, and found another spot instead. And subsequently, they were jokingly teasing me about how i abandoned them, choosing my friend over them, etc.
I truly didn't take it to heart as I know they were just playing, but I can't help but think about who I'm spending my time with. Basically, there are three groups of friends: Singaporeans, Christian friends and international friends whom I study with most of the time. This semester, I was away from Sinagporeans most of the time as they don't take the same classes with me for most, and so I hang out more with my international friends. Also, I got to know more people from a Christian Fellowship and they are so awesome that I do want to spend more time with them as well. So I kind of neglected the Singaporeans, especially the first two months of the semester.
So, is it even a problem, or something to think about? I don't know. I certainly do not want to shortchange any of my friends by not spending time with them, but there is a limit to how much time one has. If I can't juggle well now, it'll be worst next semester, as I got into the EXCO of a student organization. This means life will be busier. And when life is packed with deadlines and work, time spent with friends would most probably the first to go. The Clarissa Wong we know is a very goal- and task-oriented person. Something has to be leant..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment