Monday, August 18, 2008

Awesome Blessings! :D

On my way here, I've experienced a whole loads of awesome blessings! They've been great help for me to reach my hall safely and made my travelling less lonely. =)

1. Met a friend whose going to the same school while having a stopover in Hong Kong. Appreciated her dad's gesture of trying to change my plane seat so that I can seat with them, though it didn't happen due to the fully booked flight. Nonetheless, they've made the 1hr wait seem really short. =)

2. Had a super fast clearance at the chicago airport, got out with my luggage only 40min after my plane touched down. Heard that there's a tight security over there, gotta take off shoes, jackets, etc. at the screening pt. i didn't EVEN see the screening point!! :O The immigration officer just chop chop chop, do fingerprinting, then i can go collect the baggage alr! As i was expecting for some clearance, I tried to find some security screening pts. silly of me right?! :P anw, there's NONE! I even thought that i've missed some procedures when i got out sooo quickly!!

I was also expecting huge problems finding my bus, and having to walk a great distance. but, NO! Just walk out of the airport, and tata, the bus bay is there! GREAT!! And i still have half an hour before the bus comes. I had wanted to shift it to a later time initially.

3. Once, again, my face seems to be portraying that I'm a Singaporean or a UIUC student. There's this couple who asked me straight if I'm going there, and asked where to take the bus. And the best part is, they are the parents of my friend who's studying here too!!! *faints*

4. At the same waiting area, got to know a girl whose having an exchange trip to my school as well. haha, ok, I know i should stop talking to strangers. BUT, kind of just can't help it especially when she asked for directions. haha, not that I'm very familiar with the place la, but ayways, it's the same school. and even engineering too!! :D

5. The bus driver was very charismatic and helpful, making sure that we get to the place we wanted. =) So, i managed to reach my school safely! =)

6. The seniors here are really friendly and helpful. They've helped me check in and even brought my super heavy luggage to my room! I've got loads of help from people who are leaving at the same floor as me, and it really feels pretty cosy and homely. GREAT!! :D

7. A hwa chong netballer is just 2 rooms away from me!! haha, met in the toilet, and hey, u look familiar! and tata, we are both doing engineering! she's the FIRST gal i know doing engineering here! The rest are into other faculties. =)

8. Glad that I've brought some biscuits and stuff in my bag, and oh, the 2 SINGAPORE bread which my friend, R, gave me in the airport! haha! didn't have dinner, and also dunno where to get, so thanks to all these food that i survived the night!

9. Managed to get the internet connection up, and feels great to be able to chat with friends online! haha, just kept forgetting our day and night diff. Nonetheless, it's good to catch up with all of you! =)

10. Jet lag effect has yet to kick in! I managed to sleep very well last night, just that it's abit cold, and i've got no blanket! Anw, gotta survive the next few nights this way, before i get my hands onto my comforter and bed sheets and pillow! =) Hopefully i won't feel sleepy later during my orientation!

So, here's it! it's 10/10!! =) okie, gotta prepare my stuff for a long program today and loads of things to settle. Shall update soon! Meanwhile, take care everybody! :D

No comments: