Hello, so here's the 2nd part of this happening wk! =)
1. Boss was super nice in letting me off this sat(2/8), despite a shortage of female manpwer and me willing to work! Haha, think he decided to let me enjoy my evening "party". So, I'm soo gonna forsake the chance to watch NDP as an live audience and work on that day even more! =) Time to do something for my beloved Singapore!
2. On Thurs, I went down to NUS to get my new laptop, thanks to my benefactor, S! Hee, actually I quite like the school. It's comfortable to be there, except for the blazing sun, and it's easy to mingle with the people there! =) Gives me quite a homely feeling.. Haha, fortunately, or unfortunately, I didn't go for those orientation or like crash their events, if not, bet i'll be super attached to it la! *smiles sheepishly*
3. I had an awesome time with UIUC people on fri! haha, got to know this senior who's taking the same course as me, and all have to admit that IE is one of the slackest in the college! The professors don't bother to set new exam questions, so more or less they are the same. Notes are all prepared for us, so we need not bring anything to lesson, unless u wanna play games on ur laptop, or you intend to be more studious and bring ONE pen! :P The most ultimate and great thing is that I gain credits even if I go skydiving, ice-skating, bowling, etc., and can easily get an 'A' for such activities! Woohoo!! Exchange programs can also gain you credits, and you just have to write an 1500words essay about it. So, perhaps it's true that I'll spend less than 5 hours studying a wk! =)
Nonetheless, I'm not going to play like crazy, I hope! :P You guys gotta keep an eye on me k! Haha, can drop me emails or tag to keep track of me. If I don't reply like within 1 week, think I would need a leash! :P So since it sounds quite easy-going there, I'm aiming to max out my GPA for my 1st year. Hence, I'll declare that I, CW, shall get GPA 4.0 for the next 2 semesters! =)
4. I had this mega party on sat, which was simply awesome and had a splendid time catching up with many people! =) Totally didn't expect any gifts, and was kind of touched with all the very thoughtful gifts! haha, no worries, didn't really emo (YET). :P I really appreciated boss's gesture of giving me the day off, coz it's complete madness today! Everything was pretty last minute, bought most of the groceries only like 3 or 4 hours before the dinner. Was really thankful for all the help given, ranging from getting the groceries with me, helping me direct other people to my place, cooking, to cleaning! What made me so willing to have a gathering at my place despite having to prepare much for it was precisely this bunch of people who are appreciative and willing to help in any way they can. My life would be so much more mundane without you guys! Thanks so much for being in my life! =)
5. I had a talk with my dad after the gathering. In these 3 wks especially, I've actually grown to be more impressed and touched with his gestures. Though I may not agree with his demanding and dominant approach of doing things, I can't but agree that he's very effective in getting things done. Once again, I was truly touched by his love and care, though he may be indifferent towards us since young. Perhaps he just doesn't express it out. I'm actually quite comfortable in allowing him to plan for my life over the next few years. =) The conversation with him actually made me feel like jumping into my books and lectures right away and mug my life out. It made me more determined to get a 4.0 GPA. It made me love and appreciate my life more. It made me want to get a good-paying job and support him when he's old. It made me more motivated to get into my college's scholar's program so that most of my courses would be sponsored for.
Yeah, it's really a big change in my emotion. There are too many thoughts and intense feelings which I can't put into words. This year could very well be a turning point in my life. I don't seem to have experienced so much in any part of my life so far, and it's only like 7mths into this yr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment